The CIMAC Digitalization Strategy Group consists of representatives from engine manufacturers, component suppliers, engineering companies, classification societies, system integration solution providers, and universities.
Aim and scope of the Digitalization Strategy Group
- To strategically work and create a consolidated vision on the long-term impact of digitalization in the maritime industry
- To provide a perspective (guidance and support) in decision making to our members/and all stakeholders on the topic (including governmental bodies and international organisations)
- To work on standardization topics and take the lead in influencing IMO, classes societies based on a common alignment of stakeholders
- To prepare CIMAC publications and submissions to national/international organizations on the topic of digitalization in the maritime industry on a strategical level
- To establish a platform for discussion for our members, customers and other stakeholders and serve as an information channel on the topic of digitalization within CIMAC
A first kick-off meeting was held online on Sept. 08, 2020. Primarily two face-to-face meetings a year and additional virtual meetings as needed.